PETER EGAZARIAN, PGA, TPI (Teaching Professional, Taconic Golf Club)
"There is not one correct way to swing the club but an infinite number of ways that greatly depends on a person's functional ability"
During Peter's 15 years as a PGA Professional he has enjoyed sharing his knowledge with every golfer regardless of age, gender, or ability level. He believes that one of life’s most rewarding experiences is helping other be successful. Peter is continuously learning from some of the greatest minds in both golf, science, and motor learning to be the best inform teaching professional. Peter has been fortunate to spend time on the professional staffs of The John’s Island Club, Hartford Golf Club, Baker Hill Golf Club, The Carnegie Abbey Club, and most recently served as the Head Professional of Wahconah Country Club. Peter, his wife Mary, along with their son William (2) currently reside in Pittsfield, and look forward to joining the Williamstown community shortly.
- Class A PGA Member
- Certified by The Titleist Performance Institute
- K-Vest Certified (Sport Specific Bio-Feedback)
- FlightScope User (Radar Launch Monitor)
- Member of The Proponent Group (The Premier Network of Golf Instructors) Peter’s Teaching and Coaching Philosophy
- Every golfer is unique.
- People learn at different rates.
- Where there are no mistakes there is no learning.
- Establish a written "success strategy" to identify the goals of each golfer focuses both the coach and the golfer on realizing the stated objectives.
- People learn most effectively in a fun and "safe" learning environment.
- The employment of sound fundamentals is crucial for skill development.
- Correctly fitted equipment is an integral part of skill acquisition.
- Those who dare to coach must never cease to learn.
- Students and coaches benefit from open and honest two-way feedback.