Amanda's passion for fitness comes from experiencing early how being healthy and fit can empower people and raise their spirits.
As a mother of three, runner, and fitness enthusiast, she believes in living a well-balanced life all while maintaining a sense of humor. and enjoys staying active and competitive.
Amanda has been professionally involved in the fitness industry for fourteen years as an Exercise and Cancer Specialist, Collegiate Strength and Conditioning coach, Track coach, Personal Trainer, and mentor. She currently works at Berkshire Medical Center Cancer Center designing and implementing researched-based strength programs for cancer patients who are undergoing or have undergone treatment. If you ask Amanda what she loves about working with this group, she will tell you that helping survivors learn to trust their bodies again is what it's all about.
As a collegiate Strength and Conditioning Coach, Amanda has trained Division I & III National Champions in Swimming, Cross Country, Track & Field, Ivy League Championship teams, and individual all-Americans. This experience has also allowed her to stay competitive as a runner since her collegiate Track and Field days along with helping recreational athletes train for their next triathlon, race or run a personal best. Amanda will be starting running groups and personalized running programs this springs
Amanda's mission and passion in life is to positively impact the lives of people through the development of strength and conditioning, fitness, wellness and an overall healthy lifestyle. Her professional satisfaction comes from seeing these goals attained and the health benefits, joy and confidence that grows in each person she works with.
- MS in Exercise Science, BS Clemson University
- Certified Strength & Conditioning Coach NSCA
- Certified Cancer Exercise Trainer through the American Council of Sports Medicine and the American Cancer Society
- STAR Certified through Oncology Rehabilitation Partners
- Certified in Applied Functional Science through the Gray Institute.
- Cancer and Exercise Specialist
- Berkshire Medical Center
- Personal Trainer and Group Exercise Instructor
- The River Valley Club
- Strength & Conditioning Coach
- Dartmouth College & Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
- Cross Country/Track & Field Coach
- Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute